Monday 18 June 2007

An Hour with Korean National

There is a proverb that never say what the country has given you, say that what you have given to the country. Today I totally agree with this proverb and one Korean national made me to accept that fact.


I met him in Germany during my college time and we were talking about study and other normal things. When I asked him about his schooling he told me that he went to US for his schooling as his father had to move from one country to another because his father is an army. During 1997 he was in the US and at the same time there was Asian economic crisis which made Korean economy downward. Many companies went bankrupt. So his father told him to go back to Korea. I asked him why ? And answer was amazing and shocking for me. He told me that he was spending scares dollar at that time is US which makes Korean economy further down. Therefore his father told him to go back to his country and save dollars.

I was really surprised and felt guilty that even my country is in economic crisis and I am spending Euro here. I wanted to salute his patriotism and thinking. Though he told me that it was bad for his career but for country sake it is ok. Then I felt I also should follow his way of thinking but I am compelled to stay here because I can no return without completing my study here. But there are a lot of people who have already settled in foreign can contribute to the nation not only by providing dollars or Euro or other hard earned money. So I urge them to return to the country and contribute as much as they can. I have decided that after completion of my study I will return to Nepal and will contribute at least by spending nothing in foreign country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good

 
Custom Search